Sunday, September 22, 2019

Rip Tide (Broadside with photo)


 
I see naught but red
Up in a normally grey sky
Feeling an ominous sinking dread
Will you save my fears from coming true?
Can you honestly tell me
That I'll always have you?
Time flies back on ravens' wings
Love falls away
Along with needless things
Leaving me lonely
Drowning in the wake
Of a thousand crashing waves
Each one I can't control
Pressure, every oncoming flow
Spinning, carried by backwash
As I attempt to catch ahold
Everything goes so fast now
While I can barely move
Slow and stop motion
Interpreting a new frame of mind
Grasping aimlessly for a love that's left me behind
Suppose I'll get caught in the tide
And let it rip me away


© Amber Morgaine Bougie 
7/26/2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback always welcome!!! Let me know what you think, or are reminded of after reading. Thanks for stoppin' by!